- Thaw the pastry sheets according to the instructions on the package.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the cardamom-rose sugar by grinding the cardamom seeds to a fine powder in a small mortar and pestle. Crush dried rose petals and combine with the ground cardamom. Stir in the sugar and combine well, grinding slightly the sugar. Set aside until ready to use.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Slightly roll the sheet out with a rolling pin. Sprinkle generously with a thin layer of the prepared cardamom-rose sugar, spreading it evenly throughout the sheet.
- Starting at the short sides, fold pastry toward the center, leaving a 1/4-inch space in the center. Fold one side over the other, making a 4-layer rectangle. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
- Cut each rectangle into 1/2-inch slices. Place cut-side down 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle it with any leftover sugar on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and the sugar is caramelized.
- Transfer from the baking sheets and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Decorate by dusting with powdered sugar and sprinkle rose petals.
- The cookies will stay well and crisp up to 5 days, stored in an airtight container at room temperature, away from direct sunlight.
Keywords: Baking Recipes, Puff Pastry Recipes