- In a sauce pan, toss the grated apples, jaggery and sugar over medium high heat.
- Continue cooking uncovered over medium heat till the sugar and jaggery melt and apples sweat for about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the spices and salt. Mix well and let the mixture come to a boil. Reduce heat to a medium low and continue cooking uncovered, for another 20 mins or so till most of the moisture is evaporated.
- Turn the heat off and let it sit in the sauce pan for about 2 hours, until it cools completely. The relish thickens as it cools.
- Transfer the relish to an airtight glass jar and store it in the refrigerator.
Spoon into a serving bowl and serve chilled or at room temperature
(See FAQs & Notes for shelf life and serving suggestions)
Keywords: Quick & Easy