- 2 tbsp neutral cooking oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 2–3 Thai or bird’s eye green chilies, thinly sliced (see Notes)
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 cup shelled edamame, fresh or frozen thawed
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked (see this video for how to cook quinoa)
- 4–5 sprigs of cilantro, chopped, for garnishing
- Heat the oil in a medium wok or a deep sauté pan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and the bay leaf and let them sizzle in the oil for 30 seconds.
- Throw in the sliced green chilies and chopped ginger and sauté for a minute till the raw flavor goes away.
- Add in the edamame, season with salt, sugar and garam masala. Give it a quick stir and then cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss in the cooked quinoa and stir well to combine. Take it off the heat after 2 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve warm.
Keywords: North Indian Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Quinoa Recipes