- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (Pepperidge Farm/Trader Joe’s), thawed
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- Garam Masala Roasted Butternut Squash with Leeks, for filling
- Crumbled goat cheese
- 4–5 sprigs of cilantro/coriander leaves, chopped, for garnishing
- Prepare the Garam Masala Roasted Butternut Squash with Leeks filling.
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into 9 equal squares.
- Taking one of the squares, fold one of the edges to the opposite edge. Leaving a ¼-inch border, cut about ¾ of the way from the bottom of the triangle to the tip on both sides, making sure the cuts do not touch. Unfold the square.
- Taking the top flap, fold it toward the 2 cuts near the bottom.
- Take the bottom flap and fold it toward the top edge.
- Press the corners gently to ensure they are stuck to the base.
- Spoon the filling in the middle.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese.
- With the help of a spatula, transfer the prepared pastry onto an nonstick aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Similarly prepare the rest of the pastries and line them on the baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch around each pastry to allow for expansion during baking.
- Do not over crowd. Bake it in multiple batches, if needed.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and puffed.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve warm or at room temperature.
Keywords: Baking Recipes, Store-bought Shortcuts, Puff Pastry Recipes